The City of Gold Coast is home to various educational institutions offering courses related to surf, the ocean, sport and the environment.
- Southern Cross University - Diploma of Sport Management - Surf Studies) http://scu.edu.au/about/index.php/6/
- Griffith University – Marine Science, Sport Management, Coastal and Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science http://www.griffith.edu.au/about-griffith/campuses/gold-coast-campus
- Bond University – Tourism Management, Sports Management, School of Sustainable Development (Environmental Science), Diploma of Sport Management - http://bond.edu.au
- High School surf programs - (Palm Beach Currumbin High School, Miami High School)
- Course accredited on craftsmanship, as surfboard shapers have no official title.
- Short courses and English Language Schools – various available on the Gold Coast please visit the Study Gold Coast website for further information: http://www.studygoldcoast.org.au/